Adult Students in Scholastic TransitionEWI of Harrisburg is pleased to offer the Adult Students in Scholastic Transition Scholarship (ASIST). The award recipients of our chapter’s scholarship (the Cackovic-Taylor Scholarship) are individuals who must demonstrate a financial need, be socially, physically or economically disadvantaged adults, heads of households with small children, or displaced homemakers, who are pursuing a career path of their choice that is designed to enhance their opportunities in continuing, or in some cases, returning to the workforce. The awards are distributed directly to the educational providers of the respective award recipient.
Funds for this scholarship are raised through various chapter fund raisers throughout the year, and are supplemented by the financial support of our member firms, our representatives, and other solicited sponsors throughout the Cumberland, Dauphin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York County communities. EWI of Harrisburg distributes annual awards up to $3,000 per winner.
Additionally, one Chapter-level winner will be submitted to the Corporate level for the opportunity to be selected for one of thirteen scholarships, ranging from $2,000 to $10,000.
Adult Students in Scholastic Transition (ASIST)
- Offered annually to “non-traditional” adult students at transitional points in their live
- Recipients must exhibit a positive direction in their career path, as they overcome challenges in pursuit of their personal goals.
- Applicants may be single parents, individuals just entering the workforce, or displaced workers.
- Applicants must live or attend school in the Harrisburg, PA area. Applicants from other areas can apply to the EWI Chapter closest to them.
- The Harrisburg Chapter awards scholarships in honor of Delores Cackovic Kolakowski, a charter representative, and Carole A. Taylor, the chapter’s chartering president.
- ASIST Scholarship Applications are available after January 1 for the upcoming Fall school year.
Click here to apply online
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Stokes: firstname.lastname@example.org